This document is intended as a generic guide and should be performed one week before reopening. Not all features will apply to all customers so please contact your local support office for any guidance.
- Check you can access the iCharge web portal.
- Check a guest in from the PMS with credit. Go to the guest room and make an outgoing and connected call for at least 30 seconds. Run a report on iCharge to check the call details. Check on the PMS that the call has been posted onto the PMS bill for the correct amount.
- Call reception from a room and check that the guest name appears that was used in the check in process.
- Generate a Room Status event from the telephone and check it is updated correctly on the PMS.
- Check out a guest ensuring that the phone is barred, and the guest name is no longer appearing on the display if you call Reception from the room.
- If you have an Auto Attendant in place whilst the hotel was closed, then think about having the Hotels’ Incoming number programming changed back to normal status by the PBX vendor.
- Test leaving a Voicemail on a colleague’s phone or an occupied bedroom, ensure the Message Lamp flashes. Retrieve the message and check that the lamp resets.
- Test setting a wakeup call 15 minutes in the future for a room either from the PMS, iCharge or from the phone in the room itself. Head to the room and ensure phone rings at the wakeup time set.
- Check connectivity between the PMS and other devices by performing a check in and verifying that the devices update (Tablet, TV etc).
Please do not hesitate contacting with any questions or if you require any further assistance.